Monday, November 18, 2013

Summer ♡

It's gearing up for summer here in NZ and boy am I ready for it. After many rainstorms and cold snaps it's finally a gorgeous day. I'm writing this as I tan outside in the garden (don't worry, I've got my SPF!) but I just want to write a blog post and relax, so here are my summer essentials, beauty and otherwise!

First off is water. I've gotta keep hydrated at the beach, or when I'm just outside because it is hot! I really love infused water like strawberry and mint or mint and orange or just mint by itself. Can you tell I'm really loving mint right now?
Strawberry, watermelon & mint - yum!

Second is my SPF. Because of the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica, the UV rays are much stronger here than in America, so I go to my trusty Cancer Society in SPF30 for my body, and Neutrogena SPF45 for my face.


Third is a super cute swimsuit! This year I'm leaning towards a supported floral bikini (have to keep the boobs in place!) from amazon. I'm not quite sure what brand it is, as Amazon don't have online shopping, but I will keep you updated. I also would really like a black and white polka dot one but I haven't seen too many around.

Next, waterproof mascara and cream products. I don't want to terrify kids when I go to the beach, so a little makeup is a must. My go to look this year is any waterproof mascara, Maybelline BB Cream in Light, and just a peachy cream blush to give my cheeks some colour.
I'm also going to need some protection on my lips. I love my Maybelline Baby Lips, and also the Elizabeth Arden lip balm. I know the Elizabeth Arden one is expensive, but it is so worth the money, I've had mine for over a year, I use it everyday and I've still got quite a bit left. It moisturises really well, and has amazing protection from the sun. Staple!

I think it's part of the Eight Hour range, but here's a quick pic.
Lastly, I need to have a good book to read. I've been wanting to read the Divergent series for a little while now, and I think this summer is going to be the perfect time to get started. I also would love to read both new books by JK Rowling as I love my mysteries and murder stories.

That's all for this post, hope you enjoyed it, and a new post will be up soon! What are your essentials for summer?

Laura x

2 comments:

  1. Your getting ready for summer! Quite shocking your getting summer at this time of year. But anyways enjoy your summer xx

    niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so odd seeing such a summery post when we're preparing for snow in the UK! I love that lipstick shade though :)
    www.kathjam.blogspot.com
    KJ xo

    ReplyDelete