Friday, November 22, 2013

Gift Guide ♡ Girls!

Hey my lovelies, happy Friday!

I have been sitting at my laptop for over an hour now trying to think of a post, while being distracted by the X Factor USA (I am actually really glad Tim Olstad is gone but Khaya was amazing tbh okay), and this gem finally bounced on me while I was reading through SprinkleOfGlitter's Guy's Guide.

Now I am terrible at giving presents. I usually end up either baking or giving money or (ssh) getting Mum to buy everything for me. This year, however, I am going to buy all the presents myself and I'm going to do it well. I hope.

So without further ado, here is my Gift Guide for Girls for 2013!

1. Lush

Anything from Lush is, in my book, perfect. I love the bath bombs the most, but a new favourite that I love the look and smell of is the 'Star Light, Star Bright' bath melt. Not only is it a sparkly star shaped melty thing, but it smells like HEAVEN. I'm not exaggerating at all. Really. It retails at $6.90NZD, so is super cheap for such a cute little product.
But I've got to include a bath bomb. I really do. I haven't bought a bath bomb in forever, but the one I like the look of most is the 'Fizzbanger'. First off, it is bright yellow which means fun bath, yes, and second, it is toffee apple scented. Toffee. Apple. Something you should probably know about me is that anything toffee apple will be my obsession for at least six months. Or until it runs out.

2. Sweeties

I have possibly one of the biggest sweet tooths (toothes?) in the world. If you know someone like me, then a chocolate/lollies/cupcake hamper will possibly give them heart pangs. Some good things to include, for sure, are:

  • Fizzies (the small, bright coloured fizzy lollies that may or may not look like drug pills)
  • Starbursts (do I even need to explain?)
  • Chocolate block (Caramello, peppermint, Topdeck, etc)
  • Something special, like flying saucers (paper like shells with sherbet inside)
  • Chuppachups!!!! My obsession with these is not healthy.
  • Basically anything.
You really cannot go wrong unless they're super allergic to something in which case, oops.

3. Vouchers

Yes, I know vouchers are usually a last-resort gift, but if you customize how you give them they're actually super cool. Instead of just putting the voucher in an envelope and saying 'Here', put a little sticky note on it saying something like 'Avaliable to use between so and so with your name here' and make it an occasion. Go get your makeup done at somewhere like MAC or Elizabeth Arden then have a complete girl's day out!

4. Concert tickets (or something alike)

This one is for the partners who are probably a little bit more willing to spend more. If you know you're not going to be breaking up with your girlfriend any time soon, then invest in two tickets to her favourite band, or book a wine tasting (if you're legal) or make reservations at a really nice restaurant (spelt it right first time!).

So that is my short (kinda) gift guide, please let me know what you think, and what your go-to gift is!
I really hope you enjoyed and I will see you next time,
Laura x

5 comments:

  1. such a great little post Laura, I was actually struggling for ideas and these are all reasonably priced too doll! Loved it hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the concert tickets like majorly!! and also Lush, haha :)
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post :)

    Davina, http://davina-tian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete